Supporting Members are the “backbone” of ViV and may participate in all ViV social events, including weekly coffees, bocce ball, nature walks, concerts, lunches, happy hours, and many other activities. Supporting Members “pay it forward” within our community with their membership fee. Additionally, by volunteering to provide services and support to Full Members, Supporting Members help ensure the sustainability of our organization. Supporting Members may also request services from our volunteers as well. They may request up to six weeks of services for a short term need, or up to 8 services per year. Of course, no member is required to volunteer.
Full Members in addition to being able to participate in our ViV social events, are entitled to access regular volunteer services and support. The membership fee provides access to trained and screened volunteers through a coordinated system of linking members with volunteers. Our ability to provide volunteer services to Full Members is limited to residents of Corrales. To schedule services, please call the ViV phone number at 505-274-6206 or send an email to CallManagers@VillageintheVillage.org.
- Transportation for:
- Health care appointments (medical, dental, optical, physical therapy, etc.)
- Personal care appointments (hairdresser, barber, nail salon, etc.)
- Shopping (grocery, clothing, etc.)
- Errands to bank, post office, cleaners, etc.
- Social, educational, cultural, recreational events and activities
- Social and Enrichment Activities
- Information on scheduled activities of interest to Corrales seniors, including those planned and sponsored by ViV.
- Library book delivery/ pick up service, medical equipment pickup/ delivery.
- Help with Everyday Household Chores
- Minor tasks such as changing a light bulb, taking out the trash, retrieving mail, hanging pictures, etc.
- Companionship and Neighborly Visits
- Accompanying seniors on walks, to library, etc.; regularly scheduled phone calls and/or in-home visits.
- Assistance using Electronic Equipment
- Help and training on personal computers, tablets, TV's, cell phones, etc.
- Non-Medical Assistance for Caregivers—Respite
- Sitting with homebound members to allow spouses/significant others a few hours of independence away from loved ones.
ViV is a fee-based membership organization, supplemented by grants and charitable donations from community-minded individuals and organizations.
Supporting Memberships: $175/individual/year; $200/household/year.
Full Memberships: $375/individual/year; $450/household/year.
ACCESS Fund: For those who need it, and meet income and eligibility criteria, the ACCESS Fund is available to help defray membership fees.