Associate Members are the “backbone” of ViV and may participate in all ViV social events, including Osher classes, weekly coffees, bocce ball, nature walks, concerts, lunches, happy hours, and many other activities. Associate Members have the option to “pay it forward” within our community by volunteering to provide services and support to Full Members.
Full Members are entitled to access volunteer services and support through a simple phone call or email. The membership fee provides access to trained and screened volunteers, through a coordinated system of linking members with volunteers. Our ability to provide volunteer services to Full Members is limited to residents of Corrales. To schedule services, please call the main ViV phone number 505-274-6206 or send an email to CallManagers@VillageintheVillage.org.
Volunteer Services (Free to Full Members)
- Transportation for:
- Health care appointments (medical, dental, optical, physical therapy, etc.)
- Personal care appointments (hairdresser, barber, nail salon, etc.)
- Shopping (grocery, clothing, etc.)
- Errands to bank, post office, cleaners, etc.
- Social, educational, cultural, recreational events and activities
- Notification of Social Interaction and Enrichment Activities
- Information on scheduled activities of interest to Corrales seniors, including those planned and sponsored by ViV.
- Help with Everyday Household Chores
- Minor tasks such as changing a light bulb, taking out the trash, retrieving mail, hanging pictures, etc.
- Companionship and Neighborly Visits
- Accompanying seniors on walks, to library, etc.; regularly scheduled phone calls and/or in-home visits.
- Assistance using Electronic Equipment
- Help and training on personal computers, tablets, TV's, cell phones, etc.
- Non-Medical Assistance for Caregivers—Respite
- Sitting with homebound members to allow spouses/significant others a few hours of independence away from loved ones.
ViV is a fee-based, membership organization, supplemented by grants and charitable donations from community-minded individuals and organizations.
Associate Memberships: $200/individual/year; $250/household/year.
Full Memberships: $400/individual/year; $500/household/year.
ACCESS Fund: For those who need it, and meet income and eligibility criteria, the ACCESS Fund is available to help defray membership fees.